This is a great case study from Callahan & Associates (creditunions.com) around Citadel FCU’s (https://www.citadelbanking.com/) efforts to improve their members’ digital experience. By way of some context, Citadel is a $2.8B asset CU based in Exton, PA.
I like the overall approach here – not just looking at this effort as a cosmetic website redesign, but taking a holistic look at the member experience as it relates to online and mobile:
The time had come for the credit union to implement a modern content management system and redesign its older site with an eye toward mobile.
The website launch is also only one part of a larger effort to introduce technologies that build an optimal digital experience for members.
My key takeaways:
- Look at your digital presence (online / mobile) in the context of the broader member experience
- Don’t feel the need to build and launch the entire solution at once; iterative / incremental improvements and a phased rollout can (will likely) be more successful…think: Agile
- Build in and leverage avenues for customer feedback – this data is a *gold mine*
- Consistency across platforms is crucial; there cannot be a real or perceived deficit in mobile / tablet functionality vs. desktop
- Leverage partners / outside expertise where it makes sense; you do not have to do it all yourself
The full article can be accessed here: